Characteristics Of The Sexually Healthy Individual.
What does it mean to be sexually healthy?
Being sexually healthy means taking care of your physical and emotional health by practising safer sex and being comfortable with your body, your sexuality, and your relationships.
Having a healthy sex life is about taking care of yourself, whether you have a partner or not. Physically, that means practising safe sex, getting tested for STD’s regularly,
preventing unintended pregnancies, and seeing a doctor or nurse if you have any problems.
Feeling good about your body, enjoying sexual pleasure, and being comfortable with your sexual orientation and gender identity are also big parts of healthy sexuality.
Having a healthy sex life means knowing what you do and don’t want to do sexually and being confident enough to communicate that to your partner. Your partner should respect your boundaries, and you should respect theirs.
Characteristics of The Sexually Healthy Individual
- Appreciate his/her body and affirm personal dignity and self-worth.
- Interact with both sexes in respectful and responsible ways.
- Live according to his/her values as well as take responsibility for his/her behaviours.
- Make decisions and communicate effectively on sexual well-being.
- Effectively prevent unwanted pregnancy, STI/HIV/AIDS as well as adopt safe delivery practices and healthy behaviours e.g breast and testicular examination.
- Recognize relationships as a basis for human interaction and express love and intimacy in responsible ways without exploitation or manipulation whilst exhibiting skills that enhance personal relationships.
- Enjoy and express his/her sexuality throughout life in ways congruent with his/her values whilst respecting the rights of others.
- Possess skills to differentiate between life-enhancing sexual behaviours and harmful behaviours to self or others.
- Assess society and culture’s impact on his/her values and behaviour.
- Demonstrate tolerance for people with differing values and lifestyles and promote the rights of all people to accurate sexuality information.
Hi. Interesting post, I must say. Well Done.
Please how often would you advise one to test for STI’s/HIV/AIDS? Thank you.
Hello, thank you very much. You should check your status every 3-6 months we hope to see more of you on th blog☺